2007-08-28

One year later...

One year ago at this time, I was safely ensconced in my rented college dorm, in my comfortable college town, with a cushy job and an convenient group of friends. And now, a year later, so much has changed. For a recap of the past year:

August:
  • Moved to SL area after 6 years in my college town. I seized the chance to move in with an old college roommate, who helps me acclimate to my new surroundings.
December:
  • Old roommate gets engaged, so I find new digs in the same general area with two new roommates. They both prove to be good new friends.
January:
  • Start blog. World rejoices, and eats Sir Robin's minstrels.
February:
  • Get LASIK. Able to see clearly for the first time in 20 years without lenses of any kind, and feel the tremendous urge to vacuum.
March:
  • New roommate gets engaged. I decide I'm sick of this, so I look for a new place.
  • Vacation in New York and Washington DC.
May:
  • Find new place, this time to buy. Offer is accepted.
  • Plant very first garden at soon to be new place. (Along with lots of other firsts, like taking out my own garbage can, paying my first electric bill, etc.)
  • Visit San Diego for fun.
June:
  • Move into new place.
  • Weed very first garden.
  • Visit San Diego for work.
  • Hike to Havasupai, spraining ankle.
July:
  • People take pity on my Havasupai cankles, and I make some new friends.
  • Harvest the first vegetables from my first garden.
August:
  • Realize that it's been a full year since I moved from my comfort zone. And here I am writing this blog entry. It's been a really big year, and a great year. Looking back, I'm so glad that I took the plunge and moved from that sleepy college town. I'd be lying if I said that it didn't freak me out at times and that there weren't any sleepless nights, but it was still totally worth it.
  • Celebrate 28th Birthday. Quite satisfied with where life has taken me.

1 comment:

Something to say?