2007-12-09

Pink shirt

I had a great uncle who said, "Never trust a lawyer in a pink shirt." This was the 80s. I thought of it today because I wore a pink shirt to church. The beard makes me look manly, so I think I can pull it off. I also wore a red striped tie, so I kind of looked like a big candy cane. Festive, I suppose. My roommate (who is a lawyer, and who, I might add -- I have never seen wear pink shirt) said that in court this week, the judge came in wearing a pink shirt. The bailiff started to give him a hard time about it. The judge's reply? "It's not pink, it's manberry."

Manberry or not, I think I'd still be concerned if my legal counsel wore a pink shirt.

2 comments:

  1. I'm stealing that name! Manberry. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad is a welder, and he has a couple pink shirts. (No one can deny your manliness if you're welding... even if you happen to be a girl...) He tends to be really ornery when he wears a pink shirt, so Dad's bad days have been dubbed "Pink Shirt Days."

    ReplyDelete

Something to say?