2007-07-27

No spoilers here!

So, I just finished the latest Harry Potter book. Yes, I know it's 6:00 am on Friday morning. Yes, I have been up all night reading. I delayed as long as I could, but on Wednesday, when I walked into Sam's club and saw pallets and pallets of the books, I impulsively threw one into my cart. Then, that night, at about 11:00, I started to read -- and was so engrossed that I just didn't feel sleepy. So, I read through the night, went to work, came home, and picked the book up again around 8 hours ago. (About 50 pages an hour, I guess.)

I have to admit that my insatiable desire to finished the book was not fueled so much by it's shear literary value, but because I simply had to know what was going to happen. Now, don't take that to mean that I don't enjoy the novels on their face, but they are children/young adult books, after all. I find myself so enamored with the completeness and creativity of the world created by Rowling. And, her message is frequently quite pertinent: "Those who are best suited to power are those that have never sought it."

Now, I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say?