2007-10-15

Two little buttons...

Every e-mail program has two little buttons right next to each other. Each are very useful, but one has great potential for social regret.


You will almost NEVER use the button on the right. You've been warned. If you disregard this advice, the following will almost certainly happen at some point:
  • Your co-workers stone you for filling their inboxes with pointless e-mails that say, "I agree!"
  • You will reply to an e-mail from sibling 1. In your reply, you complain about sibling 2. Sibling 2 now has proof that you're a total jerk.
  • Everybody and their dog will think you have a crush on someone in accounting.
  • You will inadvertently reveal the grisly details of your intestinal discomfort to someone you find very attractive.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one. Way to admit it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I am so mortified of doing something like that, I almost NEVER use the reply to all button -- so the examples are not (fortunately!) from my own anecdotal experience.

    I thought of this last week when some guy in the office e-mailed everyone a message about a missing teenager that was a hoax. Everybody and their dog did a "reply-to-all" to the whole company to point out that it was a hoax.

    ReplyDelete

Something to say?