2009-07-16

Death to engagement photos...

I don't know if Mormons realize this, but the engagement photo, like the word "fetch" is pretty much an invention of our subculture. And the reality is that nearly EVERY (yes almost every) engagement photo is horrible. The funny thing is that everyone thinks that they are are the exception to the rule, and that the two-headed/face sucking pictures of them will be wonderful.

Stop it. Now.

If you don't believe me, take it from a Mormon female with considerably more blog fame than me:

How not to pose in your engagement
.

As for me, I've decided that my 500 bucks spent in engagement photos would be better appreciate by mailing out coupons for free ice cream.

4 comments:

  1. Wait a second, my engagement photos turned out great... Right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course, if I get a free ice cream with my invitation, that would be fine too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Some of those poses on that blog are just classic. I particularly enjoyed the blatant ass-grabbing one... "Duey! Did you grab my ass?... I know your tricks!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have kept every invitation I've received and put it in an album, that sits on my coffee table.

    It's a great coffee table book because people go through the pictures and critique them, and the announcements and then we typically stumble upon a mutual friend that we didn't know we had in common.

    ReplyDelete

Something to say?