2007-09-04

Dating, Love, and Furniture

Every day when I get home from work and look around my house, I think to myself that I should get some nice decorations and perhaps some better furniture. But, then, I remind myself that I'm single, and I'm sure that everything I own and anything I would buy is probably be unsuitable in the eyes of a woman. So, I've resigned myself to a nice house with mediocre furnishings -- everything I have is DI ready.

In the mean time, enjoy some of these insights into the mystery of love:

I've literally, in my entire life, had two guys come up to me and ask me out. Other than that I have had to go and try to spend time with them, or sort of start the conversation, basically spell it out in a Sharpie, like, you know?

- Jennifer Love Hewitt

Many a man who falls in love with a dimple make the mistake of marrying the whole girl.
- Evan Esar

Money can't buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.
- Christoper Marlow

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
- Charles M. Schulz

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
- Albert Einstein

Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.
- George Carlin

The bravest thing that men do is love women.
- Mort Sahl

Love makes time pass; time makes love pass.
-French Proverb